If in trouble in the mountains contact the nearest emergency number as listed here or use this map to locate the nearest MCSA Search & Rescue coordinator.
Who we are
The Club consists of 14 Sections, geographically distributed. Contact the section nearest to you to join in activities.
[Cape Town] [Johannesburg] [KwaZulu-Natal] [Eastern Province] [Magaliesberg] [Stellenbosch] [South Cape] [Free State] [Hottentotsholland] [Amajuba] [Namibia] [Paarl-Wellington] [Tygerberg] [Worcester]
Monthly MCSA news that included upcoming events and mountain news from around the world is available here. News items should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MCSA turns 125 this yearThe MCSA turns 125 this year. As part of the celebrations, an expedition to Patagonia is planned. There was a HUGE response to the invite. No new applications can be accepted.
2016 Supertramp awardAs 2016 is the MCSA’s 125th year, all six applicants received the MCSA Supertramp Award 2016!
- Chris Aderne will climb in the Ruwenzori in June with his partner Michael Kloos
- Alex Bester will climb in the Pedras Negras in Angola in November together with Ebert Nel
- Jed Johnson and team mates, Craig Burton and Andrew Court, will climb at the Hand of Fatima in Mali in November
- Rick Kotze will hike for a month in the Cape Fold Mountains together with Chris Arderne
- Micha Stiller will trek solo for 600km in Nepal from Bhimdatta to Kathmandu
- Tiffany Wells and team members, Kirsten Roberts and Sam Stainton, will climb in South East Asia at the end of 2016. Congratulations and the best of luck to all.