Who we are
The Club consists of 14 Sections, geographically distributed. Contact the section nearest to you to join in activities.
[Cape Town] [Johannesburg] [KwaZulu-Natal] [Eastern Province] [Magaliesberg] [Stellenbosch] [South Cape] [Free State] [Hottentotsholland] [Amajuba] [Namibia] [Paarl-Wellington] [Tygerberg] [Worcester]
International mountaineering news
News from Africa
The Mountain Club of Malawi is very active, and the climbing part of the club has been rejuvenated in the last couple of years. Check their FaceBook group and website www.mcm.org.mw.
2016 Supertramp award
To celebrate the 125th year of the MCSA, our Supertramps explored the world:
- Micha Stiller trekking solo for 400 kilometres of rural Himalayan Nepal solo and unassisted over the course of three weeks, allowing him to immerse himself in culture and landscape virtually untouched by tourism.
- Chris Arderne, Michael Kloos and Rick Kotze bagged volcanoes in the Cordillera Neovolcanica in Mexico
- Alex Bester explored bouldering options in Chimanimani Mountains in Zimbabwe
- Jed Johnson and Craig Burton went rock climbing in Ethiopia
- Tiffany Wells and Kirsten Roberts climbed in South East Asia
Congratulations to all! Sincere thanks to the donor for a cool R128 000.
Drakensberg Cableway Project
The Mountain Research InitiativeThe MRI is an international organization based in Switzerland that aims to advance Global Change research in mountains. Check out the latest events at MRI Global News. How about a degree in Earth and Environmental Science at a university endorsed by the Aga Khan?
AfroMont, the African branch, is of particular relevance to us.
Disclaimer: Mountain climbing has its risks. All who join in Mountain Club outings or use information from this website do so entirely at their own risk